Microfinance institution Mitra Bisnis Keluarga (MBK) in Indonesia issues group loans to female entrepreneurs. MBK focuses on the lowest income groups and is mainly active in West and Central Java. Many of the clients are women involved in petty trade, preparing and selling food, tending livestock and growing vegetables. The loan MBK has received from Triodos Microfinance Fund and Triodos Fair Share Fund will give MBK the means to grow further in the coming years, enabling it to provide more women access to financial services.
KEY INDICATORS as of 31 December 2016:
- number of loan clients: 730,707
- percentage female clients: 100%
- percentage rural clients: 78%
- average loan amount: EUR 115
- number of savings clients: -