Tajikistan is one of the poorest countries of the former Soviet Union. The financial sector is largely inaccessible for the majority of the more than seven million inhabitants. Consequently, there is a high demand for properly structured (micro-)loans. From its head office in the city of Khujand, microfinance institution IMON has managed to reach a large number of small businesses. IMON intends to set up a national network of offices to improve access to financial services even further. The loans provided by Triodos Fair Share Fund and Triodos Microfinance Fund make this possible.
KEY INDICATORS as of 31 December 2016:
- number of loan clients: 98,480
- percentage female clients: 38%
- percentage rural clients: 65%
- average loan amount: EUR 779
- number of savings clients: 6,964