Norandino has received a loan from Hivos-Triodos Fund that will enable coffee farmers to renovate their plants which are at risk of rust disease if they are not regularly renovated. It is an innovative project with a strong focus on sustainable agricultural practices.
With this investment Hivos-Triodos Fund has expanded its agricultural value chain investment activities - one of the pillars of the fund's strategy.
KEY INDICATORS as of 31 December 2015:
- number of loan clients: 5,216
- percentage of female clients: 19%
- percentage of rural clients: 90%
- average loan amount: EUR 1,727
- number of savings clients: 5,124