BRAC is a development organisation based in Bangladesh that operates with the twofold objective of reducing poverty ad emancipating the poor. Since several years BRAC is also active in Africa. Triodos Fair Share Fund and Triodos Microfinance Fund have invested in BRAC International Loan Facility. BRAC International Loan Facility provides loans in local currency to microfinance institutions BRAC Uganda and BRAC Tanzania. This will enable BRAC to expand its microfinance services through a network of branches in these countries.
KEY INDICATORS as of 31 December 2014:
- number of loan clients: 158,833
- percentage female clients: 98%
- percentage rural clients: 82%
- average loan amount: EUR 166
- number of savings clients: -