Microfinance institution Bai-Tushum provides individual and group loans for the following activities: field and animal husbandry; trade, manufacturing and services; equipment financing; businesses abroad; as well as mortgage and consumer lending. Bai Tushum primarily targets micro-entrepreneurs and small and medium sized enterprises in rural areas. In addition the company offers a group lending product for female borrowers.
Bai Tushum has received a loan from Triodos Fair Share Fund and Triodos Microfinance Fund.
KEY INDICATORS as of 31 December 2016:
- number of loan clients: 22,784
- percentage female clients: 44%
- percentage rural clients: 50%
- average loan amount: EUR 2,902
- number of savings clients: 87,169