Microfinance institution Sembrar Sartawi provides financial services to micro and small agricultural producers in the rural areas of Bolivia. Key cultivations that it finances are quinoa, milk, rice, coffee, grapes, potatoes, soya, sesame and beans. The loan from Triodos Sustainable Finance Foundation and Hivos-Triodos Fund will enable Sembrar Sartawi to expand its activities further.
KEY INDICATORS as of 31 December 2015:
- number of loan clients: 20,409
- percentage female clients: 51%
- percentage rural clients: 58%
- average loan amount: EUR 2,095
- number of savings clients: -